I was recently watching YouTube as I regularly do. I watched one video that stated that there are studies that show that immigration does not cause wages to fall. And if it does the amount is negligible. Then I watch another video of a more right-leaning guy who has his head around history and reads a lot saying that immigration causes wages to fall. It is so hard to disseminate the truth. Both speakers were intelligent, and knowledgable and aren’t like many of the speakers on the internet that push agendas and in doing so create false narratives to back up their agendas. I have recently been humbled because I have gotten more perspective on how limited my knowledge is and how I make certain assumptions that now seem flawed. I get it now when they say we are living in a post-truth era and it goes beyond one side lying and the other telling the truth.
Ricky Nolan Browne was born in 1977 which makes him a Xennial. This is the micro-generation between Gen X and Millenials...
Civilization, Communication, Education, Politics, Tribalism
- Being Real MeansBeing real means showing who you are, not what you think what others want you to be. Being real means being in the moment without trying to impress. Being real means being vulnerable. Being real means telling it how it is.
- Are you hurting or helpingI live by the balance of speaking my truth and understanding that hurting someone may not mean I’m making them a better person or improving their life.
- Ask & ListenYou can learn so much from someone if you take the time to ask the right questions instead of spending your time just trying to be heard.
- Facebook as a platform could really make a difference. And they do, but not always in a good way.Facebook is a crime. They have an opportunity with their platform to do so much good and to get people active in ways that benefit society. Their focus on profit over people has caused so much harm it’s unfathomable.
- Populist leaders are con-jobsI used to think a populist leader would be a good thing, giving the masses what they need. But a populist leader doesn’t give the population what they need. They give them an enemy to blame.